RECIPES OF THE SEA
• 400 GR. ROUND RICE
• 2 FRESH SQUID
• 3 FROZEN SQUID
• 1/4 JAR OF SEPIA INK
• 1 ONION
• 2 GARLIC TEETH
• 1 GLASS OF WHITE WINE
• WATER (2 LITERS)
• EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL • SHAWL
• 400 GR. RED SHRIMP
1. Clean the fresh squid and cut them into cubes. Reserve the squid.
2. To make the broth, defrost the other squid and dice them. Sauté them in a saucepan with oil. Dissolve the ink in a glass of white wine and add to the casserole. Pour in the water and cook over low heat until it is reduced by almost half. Shred and strain. Reserve the broth.
3. Peel and chop the garlic and onion and cook in a paella pan. When they turn brown, add the chopped fresh squid, cook a little and add the rice. Saute it, pour the broth (3 parts of broth for one of rice), add salt and cook for 20 minutes (10 minutes on high heat and 10 minutes on low heat and if desired sprinkle with chopped parsley).
4. Serve the rice with grilled red prawns and serve with ali-oli.
To make the rice looser and tastier, once cooked it is recommended to cover it with a clean, dry cloth for 3-4 minutes.